- Jacob Duck (c.1600-1667): Catalogue Raisonné, in the Series Oculi. Studies in the Arts of The Low Countries, Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Company, 2017.
- Soldiers at Leisure: The Guardroom Scene in Dutch Genre Painting of the
Golden Age, Amsterdam University Press (AUP), Amsterdam, 2010.
Articles in Refereed Journals
- "Pieter Codde and the Industry of Copies in 17th-century Dutch Painting" in The Primacy of the Image in Northern European Art, 1400-1700: Essays in Honor of Larry Silver, eds. Deborah Cashion, Henry Luttikhuizen and Ashley West, Leiden: Brill, 2017, pp. 564-571.
- "The Obscure D. Witting and the Art of Painting in Amsterdam of the 1630s", Canadian Journal of Netherlandic Studies (CJNS) 36, no. 2, 2015 (published in 2017), pp. 51-73.
- "Rembrandt, Willem Duyster and the evolution of The Night Watch", Dutch Crossing, A Journal of Low Countries Studies 40, no. 3, 2016, pp. 261-269.
- "Fantasy Caves: Dutch Grotto Painting of the Golden Age" in Liber Amicorum Marijke de Kinkelder, eds. Charles Dumas, Jan Kosten, Eric Jan Sluijter & Nicolette C. Sluijter-Seijffert, The Hague: The Netherlands Institute for Art History (RKD), 2013, pp. 291-304.
- "The P6 Group and Critical Landscape Photography in Israel", Journal of Israeli History 35, no. 1, 2013, pp. 75-86.
-"An Unknown Painting by Pieter de Hooch", Oud-Holland 124, no. 2/3, 2011, pp. 171-174.
- "The Soldier Seen from Behind: Pieter Potter and the Migration of a Motif", Canadian Journal of Netherlandic Studies (CJNS) 31, no. 2, 2010, pp. 45-64.
- "The End of Consensus: The Crisis of the 1980s and the Turning Point in Israeli Photography", Journal of Modern Jewish Studies (JMJS) 9, no. 3, 2010, pp. 327-347.
- "The Guardroom Scene: A Visual Source for Rembrandt's Nightwatch", Source, Notes in the History of Art 28, no. 4, 2009, pp. 32-39.
- "Masculinity Pacified: Women as Mothers in the Guardroom Scenes of Anthonie Palamedes (1602-1673)", De Zeventiende Eeuw 24, no. 2, 2008, pp. 181-195.
- "Adonis in Jerusalem: Rubens, Snyders and the Dynamics of Collaboration", Revue Belge d'Archéologie et d'Histoire de l'Art 77, 2008, pp. 91-100.
- "The Zionist Renaissance and the Development of Israeli Sports Photography", History of Photography 32, no. 1, 2008, pp. 74-84.
- "A Great Minor Master: The Robbery by Simon Kick in the Berlin Gemäldegalerie. With an Appendix including a complete catalogue of paintings by Simon Kick(1603-1652)", Jahrbuch der Berliner Museen 49, 2007, pp. 85-98.
- "The Dutch Guardroom Scene of the Golden Age: A Definition", Artibus et Historiae 53 (XVII), 2006, pp. 151-174.
- "On the Question of Portraits in some 17th-Century Dutch Genre Paintings", Dutch Crossing, A Journal of Low Countries Studies 25, no. 2, 2005, pp. 265-288.
- "On a Collaboration between Jacob Duck and Abraham vanCuylenborch", Oud Holland 117, nos. 1-2, 2004, pp. 74-78.